The Q&A Archives: Princess Lilies

Question: My princess lilies are in a big urn which I've just planted this year.
I'm using the draining container that came with the pot to drain it from underneath the plant. I water it every 3 days. It gets a full sun, and I've been putting Miracle-Gro grow once a month. The leaves are turning yellow and it's not a full looking as when I initially bought it. What am I doing wrong?

Please help

Thank you

Answer: Your Princess Lily is Alstroemeria, a beautiful plant that flowers from spring until mid-summer. Sadly, when it has expended all its energy, the foliage will yellow and die and the roots will rest until next spring. But you can look forward to new foliage and lots of beautiful flowers next spring. Best wishes with your garden!