The Q&A Archives: Morning glory

Question: I have new seed planted morning glorys and moon flowers planted in the middle of my veg garden.They are planted on obiques. Vines are gorgeous beautiful green and I have fertilized them w/ferti lome 9-59-8 only once this summer I have used miracle grow also. I don't have any buds or blooms yet. I planted red,blue and white moonflowers together for a patriotic neighbors have been blooming.What am I doing wrong? I have grown morning glories before EASILY !!Shouldn't be a problem !!???? Please help me

Answer: I think the secret to non-blooming lies in the fact that you've fertilized too much. Morning glories respond well to nitrogen - they grow lots of leaves and stems, but it's at the expense of flowers. Hold off on the fertilizer and your morning glories should bloom beautifully for you. Enjoy!