The Q&A Archives: Morning glory

Question: I have new seed planted morning glorys and moon flowers planted in the middle of my veg garden.They are planted on obiques. Vines are gorgeous beautiful green and I have fertilized them w/ferti lome 9-59-8 only once this summer I have used miracle grow also. I don't have any buds or blooms yet. I planted red,blue and white moonflowers together for a patriotic neighbors have been blooming.What am I doing wrong? I have grown morning glories before EASILY !!Shouldn't be a problem !!???? Please help me

Answer: Morning glories do best without too much nitrogen fertilizer. They respond to being fed by producing lots of lush, green foliage at the expense of flowers. Hold off on fertilizer and they should bloom for you this season.

Best wishes with your garden!