The Q&A Archives: Zone 3 to 4, what grape vines are best?

Question: We just installed a long wire fence around my flower garden of 80' in length. I would like to grow grape vines, any suggestions on what type will work best? I just purchased a Delaware grape vine from your company, any others that are better for this region? It can be very dry here, and the area is in full sun. Thank you.

Answer: Colorado State University recommends the following grape varieties for your region:

Himrod; large white grapes, mostly seedless. Lakemont; medium white grapes, mostly seedless. Suffolk; medium sized red grapes, mostly seedless. Glenora Blue; medium blue grapes, mostly seedless. Canadice; medium sized red grapes, seedless. Niagara (White Concord), large white grapes with seeds. Concord; medium blue-black grapes with seeds. Golden Muscat; medium golden fruit; with seeds.

Hope you find the kind of table grapes you really like!