The Q&A Archives: Finding Wintergreen Barberry

Question: Please tell me where I can find your Wintergreen Barberry. I have tried almost every nursery on the list of places that carry Monrovia - with no success. I was told that it isn't even in your 2005 catalog for nurseries. Please help me. Can I order directly from you? Thanks for your assistance.

Answer: Monrovia is a wholesale nursery and cannot sell directly to the public. Most nurseries have very little stock at this time of year which makes it difficult to find specific plants. However, the begin stocking with fresh plants in February. You might try looking this spring for the barberry. Retailers order independently and I have no way of tracking their inventory so I'm afraid I can't help you locate the plants. Wish I could be more helpful!