The Q&A Archives: crepe myrtles

Question: I have a Natchez crepe myrtle from Monrovia. I want to put in three more of the same size and shape, but in a red or pink color. What cultivar do you recommend?

Answer: I would suggest you work with your local professional nursery staff to select some that would meet your design goals. The reason I suggest this is there are so many different crepe myrtles, and the colors can seem one shade or another to different people. Plus, since there are so many different ones, I might suggest cultivars that might not be easily available in your local area and that would be frustrating for you. So, I would recommend you check with your retailers and see what they have in stock that you like best. Enjoy your crepe myrtles!