The Q&A Archives: Tiny Tower Italian Cypress

Question: I am seriously considering purchasing up to 20 Tiny Tower Italian Cypress trees to line the fence in my backyard--we back up to another two-story home and our lot is only 25' deep. I have a few questions though that I hope you can help me with. I noticed in the

Answer: The mature size of 'Tiny Towers' projection is based upon the parentage of this plant (Cupressus sempervirens 'Glauca') and the expected rate of growth. Your growing conditions may vary and so might the mature size, but I think it's safe to say they will reach 30' in 15-20 years.

Monrovia does not have Tiny Tower plants larger than the 7-gallon size, but a landscape contractor may have some available. Try contacting a few landscape professionals in your local area. If they do not have the plants, they may know of a source.

Best wishes with your landscape!