The Q&A Archives: Deer resistant

Question: Do you have a list of deer resistant shrubs and flowering plants?

Answer: First off I apologize for the delay in answering your question. The Monrovia online plant listing or catalog does include a search feature where you can enter search criteria including deer resistant. Your local county extension may also have a list of deer resistant plants that has been developed for your area. I must caution you however that deer are adaptable and learn to eat new plants, especially if they are already in the habit of browsing in your yard. And, different deer populations have learned to eat different plants. So deer resistant does not mean deer proof by any means. For this reason you might get the best advice from your neighbors in terms of what they are having success with close to you ... and what they are not. Good luck!