The Q&A Archives: Colorado Blue Spruce Growth

Question: I bought two eight feet tall Colorado Blue Spruces last summer. They both had healthy blue foliage.
This year ( after about 15 months) I find that one of them has retained the blue color through new foliage but the other has become green and no new foliage has sprouted. Only three or four sprigs at the top show some signs of blue foliage

I am concerned that it may be adversely affected healthwise.Request your advice as to what I should be doing to nurse it back to health

Answer: Since these are new trees I would suggest you consult with your county extension and/or retailer for advice. It sounds as though the one tree may not be establishing and growing well since you did not see much new growth. This can be due to poor rooting or possibly there is some other issue. I hope it is okay.