The Q&A Archives: Blue flowering bush

Question: Two years ago I bought a bush that the nursery man called a Pigeon bush, I have looked it up and the pigeon bushes I see do not look like the one I had. I was told it would freeze back but come back out, mine did not come back out. This bush was wonderful, it bloomed from spring until it froze. It has blooms on it much like the ones on a MIDKNIGHT BLUE? AGAPANTHUS plant but this was a bush that got to be about 5 to 6 ft high over the course of the summer.
I would appreciate any help you can offer in identifying this bush as the nursery has closed up I bought it from. Thank you for any help you can offer, Sincerely, Monki Kieffer

Answer: Duranta repens is commonly called Pigeon Berry Bush or Sky Flower. It is a small bush, growing to about 15 feet in frost-free areas. It likes moist soil, regular water and will stand short frosts. It grows in part shade or full sun. Perhaps this is your plant.