The Q&A Archives: Flowers for Florida

Question: I live in the bottom tip of zone 9 (9B I think) I want to order seeds for flowers that will grow WELL here. I'd like to put in a large cottage garden. Can you send me a list of what to plant for the best results. I want brightly colored flowers of varing heights.

Answer: There are so many flowers that you could grow in your area. <br>Some are:<br>ageratum, alyssum, baby's breath, petunias, lantana to name a few annual flowers. Perennials include shrimp plant, verbena and gerber daisy. There are many more annuals and perennials. I suggest you call your County Extension Service at (941)722-4524 and ask for Circular 569 "Annual Flowers for Florida" and other information concerning perennial flowers for Florida.