The Q&A Archives: Mixing Variegated plants in my garden

Question: I'm currently adding another tree/shrub/flower bed around my 29 foot deck, which is a burgundy/reddish color. My home is brick of approximately the same color. I'm planning on having Nellie Stevens hollies on the two corners. In the middle I'm thinking of having three (in a triangular form) gold and green euonymus. In between the hollies (on both sides) and the euonymus I'm thinking of having two heavenly bamboo nandinas together on each side. As you can see I love color. My question to you is,

Answer: The nandinas are a plain green with some reddish or burgundy shading and red in the fall, so I don't think they will clash with the gold and green euonymus, no. With plants, if it is something you like, that is what counts. And if it doesn't look the way you expected, you can always transplant them within the first year or so. Enjoy!