The Q&A Archives: Carex morrowii 'Aurea-variegata'

Question: I work for a landscaping company- Wolfe Landscapes, and we are looking for this particular variety of carex/sedge. We have called local retail nurseries, and they do not keep this particular plant in inventory. What we would like to know is if we may be able to purchase directly from Monrovia and how we could go about doing that. We design and install many properties, residential and commercial, and would love the opportunity to buy direct and cut out the extra cost from the

Answer: Emily,

I am not aware of the policy on such purchases but I would think the folks at Monrovia could be of some assistance. You might try contacting Rand Hopkins, a Monrovia representative that serves at least part of Texas (I'm not sure if you are in his area or not). He could direct you either way. His e-mail is