The Q&A Archives: Moro Blood Orange Question

Question: I have three of your Moro Blood Orange tress and all three growing differently. While two appear to be doing well the third one is giving me doubt. The leaves are turning yellow and falling off. It doesn't appear to be turning brown or dying - just the leaves are turning yellow and falling off. I can send a picture of it or all three for a comparison if you would like. Oh, I purchased them this past spring and I still have the tags with several numbers on them if that might be of some value.

Answer: Jim,

When leaves turn yellow and fall it indicates a root problem. Both dry soil and soggy wet soil can damage or kill roots resulting in yellowing and drop of leaves. Try to keep the soil moist but not over wet and the plant should recover and be fine.