The Q&A Archives: Why no color?

Question: I have a Dwarf Burning Bush that has been in the ground for 2 years. It's in full sun and is watered regularly.It does not turn red!? I would like to trade it for one that does turn red in the fall. I don't remember exactly where I purchased it. It still has your tag on it though. I previously worked in the Nursery business for 20+ years and am very aware of the quality plants you grow. Can I trade it back to you? Hope you can help! Thanks, Dianne

Answer: Thank you for asking. Monrovia is a wholesale only nursery and its products are sold by independent retailers nationwide. For this reason any warranty would be through the retailer where you purchased the plant. I would suggest you contact the manager of the nursery where you got the plant and see if they would consider exchanging it for you or if they can help you determine why your plant does not color sufficiently.

Please note that this Q&A service is intended to help home gardeners with their gardening questions and is performed by the National Gardening Association rather than by Monrovia staff. If you wish to contact Monrovia directly, you might try the feedback form on their website

or write directly to Monrovia at the address as provided on their web site.

All official correspondence should be sent via postal mail to:
Monrovia Nursery
P.O. Box 1385
Azusa, CA 91702

I'm sorry you are having trouble with your plant.