The Q&A Archives: What am I doing wrong. How can I correct it? Yukon Belle Pyracantha

Question: I have a 4 1/2 yr old Yukon Belle Pyracantha that is over 8 ft tall & 4-5 ft wide (trimmed). It is in full sun(southern exposre). My problem is in the spring I get very few blossoms...thus very few winter berries that eventually turn black and fall off the tree. I do not trim until all the blossoms are set, making sure I don't cut off the bloosoms. I fertilize in the early spring and the tree is watered daily by a nearby sprinkler head in my garden(irrigation). We do get high winds in this location. What can I do to increase the blossoms and prevent the winter berries from turning black and falling off the tree? As I write this note, I have one small cluster on this beatiful tree with some blackened berries. Please help me to correct whatever deficency exists. Thank You very much.