The Q&A Archives: Grafting Tools

Question: I'd like to graft my interior ficus tree. Can you tell me where I might be able to purchase the tools for this?

thank you,
deb witte

Answer: Whip grafting is the most commonly used method and for that you'll need some florist's or gardener's tape (usually green, stretchy and waxy so it sticks together) and a sharp, thin-bladed knife. Both of these products should be readily available in nurseries and garden centers of Home Improvement stores. Look in the fruit tree section, or the section with pruning tools.

Best wishes with your project!

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Shamrock Zinfandel"