The Q&A Archives: weeping norway spruce

Question: i purchased a weeping norway spruce this summer. it has been doing beautifully until about 2 weeks ago. needles are browning and branches are brittle. the nursery thought it might be spider mites and told me to use a hordicultural oil,which i did. the problem seems to be worsening. Any thoughts or suggestions?
thank you, bern

Answer: Based on your description I am not able to identify the problem for you. It might be related to poor rooting underground, or there might be a pest or disease problem, or a combination of issues; these types of symptoms are very difficult to diagnose long distance. I would strongly suggest you work with your local county extension and/or a professionally trained and certified arborist to obtain a specific diagnosis and then based on knowing that, decide how to proceed. I am sorry you are having trouble with your tree.