The Q&A Archives: Tiny Tower

Question: I lost several of them last year before I was even able to plant them. I replaced them with the regular blue Italian Crypress, and all are doing well. I would still like to try the Tiny Tower, but am a bit concerned. Should I have bought the 5 gallon size, and maybe would have had a better chance? Or were they just at the nursery too long?

Answer: I'm not sure why your first collection of Tiny Towers died so I don't know how to guide you other than to wait until early spring when new shipments arrive at your local nursery. This will ensure you get the healthiest plants. When you get your new plants home, plant them right away so they'll have all spring to become established and all summer to grow and get ready for their first winter in your garden. One gallon plants should be fine - they'll be young and vigorous and not apt to be rootbound in their containers. Best wishes with your new plants.