The Q&A Archives: what will bloom in mid July for a wedding?

Question: I want to plant flowers for an all white and light blue color scheme the flowers will be cut and used in arrangements. I am thinking of white roses,white gypsophilia,white lilys,white phlox,endless summer blue hydrangea,light blue delphiniums,and light blue Bella Donna. I would like to plant as much as possible now. What suggestions do you have for exact names of roses etc. and when should every thing be ordered and planted
? I have a very large area with good sun ,drainage and irrigation,also plenty of shaded area. Thanks for your help. Cindy Uriarte

Answer: Sounds like a lovely theme! Daylilies will bloom in mid-July, as will some early peonies. White daylilies include Absolute Zero, Agape Love, Artic Snow and Antartica. White flowering peonies include Charlie's White and Moon of Nippon. Hybrid Tea roses are best for cutting and the white varieties include Betty White and Sweet Freedom. Plant your treasures as early as possible in spring so they'll have time to establish and bloom by mid-July.

Best wishes with your garden!