The Q&A Archives: How should I care for Green leaved euryops?

Question: I was given a green leaved euryops and it bloomed beautifully when fed well. I kept it outside until 4 weeks ago when the weather got too cold. It's not doing well now and appears to be dying. What should I give it? Prune it and how? Feed or let go dormant until spring? Thank you, Sharon

Answer: Green leaved euryops is difficult to maintain indoors during the winter, so it is usually sold and grown just as an annual. You might be able to keep it alive in a bright but cooler room (60 degrees). Do not overwater it and do not fertilize it while it is indoors. Then take it back outside in the spring when the weather has settled, resume regular watering and feeding as it begins to grow again. You can trim it back fairly hard now or in early spring to remove the browned tips (possibly due to cold damage) and help keep it compact. Good luck!