The Q&A Archives: Companion of Yellow Lady Banks Climbing Rose

Question: What would be a good companion climber for a Yellow Lady Banks Rose? I purchased one from you (from Charlotte nursery center)& planted it with the intention of growing it up a brick wall & over doorway on my deck. It's planted in a very large planter box & I would like to add something that will bloom all summer. It does not have to necesarily be another rose. Thank you for your help.

Answer: The best plant choices are those with similar cultural requirements; Here are suggestions for good rose companions: Achillea clavennae (Silver yarrow), Armeria maritima (Sea pink), Aurinia saxatilis (Basket-of-Gold), Campanula (Bellflower), Dianthus (Sweet William), Iberis sempervirens (Candytuft), Verbena, Lobelia, Petunia, Zinnia elegans, Chamomile, Fennel, Lavender, Parsley, Rosemary or Sage.