The Q&A Archives: Blue Pyramid Cypress is browning on one side

Question: Last January, I planted 5 14' Blue Pyramid Cypress's in my back yard. They seem to be doing well except on all 5 of them, the back side is browning. I suspect due to lack of sunlight. Really only one side of the trees get sun because they back up to a wooded portion of the yard. Should I be concerned or is this normal? The side of the trees that get full sun seem to be very healthy.
thank you,

Answer: David,

Lack of sunlight is the most likely problem unless you can identify something that might have been sprayed on that side of the plants. I would not be concerned as there is little you can do to remedy the situation unless you can trim the woods back to brighten that back side of the plants. They should be fine on the visible side anyway.

Today's site banner is by clintbrown and is called "Dicentra"