The Q&A Archives: Name of Shrub/tree with flowering purple/blue flowers in Spring

Question: We had two of these shrubs/trees (they grow VERY fast and start to look like trees) in our last home but cannot find them or recall their name. They cannot be transplanted without dying. Their leaves are kid of waxy, they grow very fast, and start to look like a tree rather than a shrub after a couple of years. I have a picture I can send but not sure how to attach it...

Answer: I'm afraid there are dozens and dozens of possibilities! Can you describe the flowers? Are they single, in clusters, in pairs? What shape? Trumpet, saucer, urn, star? Do they produce berries? If so, what color? What shape are the leaves? Round, oblong, narrow, wide, etc. Describe with as much detail as possible and we'll try to identify the plant for you. Don't reply to this message - instead send a new question through the Monrovia website. We'll try to help....