The Q&A Archives: Basic Plant Care

Question: I am seeking basic plant care advise for all the catagories as marked. If you know of a web site to obtain all of this information that would be great too.

Answer: Unfortunately I am unable to see more than one category per question. I would suggest for basic gardening information you look at a beginner-oriented book or two such as those in the Dummies series; they cover topics such as gardening in general or landscaping in general and then separate areas such as Perennials, Lawns, Bulbs, Roses, Herbs, Houseplants and so on. They are very practical and no-nonsense and offer excellent information. You can often find them in libraries as well as bookstores. However, here are some web sites that should be helpful.

Plantfinder from Kemper Center for Home Gardening (written in Missouri but the information is very well suited for Adams County.)

The National Gardening Association web site offers many articles about different aspects of gardening.

Penn State offers many publications on line as well as in hard copy.

Your local county extension, Adams County Master Gardeners, and many nurseries will also have information available as well as offering classes or seminars.

I hope this helps.