The Q&A Archives: I am interested in acquiring the Christmas Rose tree. Do you have it?

Question: I have searched for this specimen of the Christmas Rose tree or shrub at Pike Nurseries. I have seen only one tree; it is in front of St. Philips Episcopal Church on Peachtree Street in Atlanta. Winterthur Gardens and Museum (the Dupont Estate in Delaware) has Christmas china imprinted with Christmas Roses.

Answer: Glenda,

There are several varieties of Helleborus, a plant often referred to as Christmas Rose. Monrovia sells 4 varieties of this plant. Monrovia is a wholesale nursery. Their plants are available only through local retail garden centers.

Check out the following web site. It has a box for you to enter your zip code and will then give you a list of local retailers that carry Monrovia plants: