The Q&A Archives: hi plz help me i am 13 and i want fresh food

Question: Ok hi i would like to know what cind of plants i can plant in pa plz help me

Answer: You can grow many different vegetables and fruits in Pennsylvania. You will need a planting site in full sun all day long for the best results. Here is a brief list of things you could probably grow without too much trouble. As an early spring planting you could grow spinach, snow peas, and radishes. Your main crop could be tomatoes, peppers, beans, melons and squashes. Your later crop planted in August could include more beans along with broccoli, spinach, lettuce and peas for fall harvest. These can be planted from seed directly in the garden. (You might want to give tomatoes and peppers a head start by growing or purchasing transplants.) If you have ample space you could also grow strawberries, raspberries and blackberries, blueberries, apples and pears. Many herbs are also easy to grow, including parsley, sage, thyme, basil, mint and oregano. There are many articles about growing vegetables at (you may need to cut and paste the complete url into your browser to make it work correctly):

Your local county extension may also have suggestions and helpful advice on growing vegetables and fruits. I hope this gives you some ideas.