The Q&A Archives: friut tree

Question: Hello,I saw a program on HGtv where they were planting fruit trees in a small yard. They planted a tree that had 4-5 different fruits that had been grafted together. I saw the Monrovia label on the container. I thought they called it a coctail tree. Do you have this tree? If so I would like to buy two of them. Thank you for your assistance.
Ellie Munoz 512-491-6768

Answer: Ellie,

I searched Monrovia plant database and did not see the tree you mentioned. I have occasionally seen trees where several apples were grafted together, or several pears, or you can also graft peaches to apricots and plums. But you can't combine apples, pears and peaches for example. It is also critical that all the varieties combined are for your particular area. Thus this becomes an unlikely challenge and as such I don't recommend buying such a plant. If you are a fruit hobbyist you can buy a single tree and then graft appropriate other varieties onto it, but this is not an easy venture.