The Q&A Archives: Sun Exposure

Question: I asked this question yesterday and thank you for the answer I will prune in the spring however i wonder if since the leaves are off of the trees surrounding the plants if there is too much sun exposure to my red flowering anise which are turning yellow and drooping thank you

Answer: It's certainly possible, but I wonder if the soil is too wet or too dry for your red anise? It will grow in full to part shade so it sounds as though it's getting the right exposure, but it does need well draining soil. Did your garden get lots of rain during the fall and winter months? If so, that may be what's causing the yellowing of the leaves. Wish I could pinpoint the cause, but you may just have to dig your plant up and check the root system. If it looks healthy, replant it and wait until spring, then prune it back to encourage healthy new growth.

Best wishes with your garden!