The Q&A Archives: Wilting Leaves on Azalea

Question: I have an azalea indoors. The flower buds fell off and the leaves are droopy. The plant may be root-bound as the water doesn't drain very fast. Should I repot it?

Answer: Azaleas are one of the most popular indoor plants. They like cool temperatures (50F - 60F is ideal). Keep them in a bright spot, away from direct sunlight. The soil should be kept moist and the leaves should be misted every day. In the summer they can bemove outdoors to a shady spot.<br><br>If the leaves are drying up, then the humidity is too low. If the flower buds are forming but not opening, either the light level is too low, or it's too warm in the room.<br><br>Azaleas should be repotted every three years, or when growth stops. Pick off any dead buds and leaves, and put the plant in a well-lit, cool room. It should recover with proper care.