The Q&A Archives: Starting a nursery business

Question: Hello,
I would like to start a nursery business on our commercial property to compliment our Natural and Cultural stone business.

Can you recommend where to start and how your firm sells at wholesale pricing?

Answer: John,

I would check with your local Extension Office for any publications available through North Carolina State University Extension on getting started in the nursery business. That is really a broad field from greenhouse to field to container growing, as well as the various types of retail operations. If you can contact one of their horticulture specialists they should be able to assist you in the decision process.

We at the Q&A service are set up to handle questions by gardeners regarding Monrovia?s plants, caring for plants, and other gardening information. For information on how to become a Monrovia retailer check out the following web site:!Open...

For other nursery business related questions you can contact Monrovia directly at the following address:
Monrovia Nursery
P.O. Box 1385
Azusa, CA 91702