The Q&A Archives: princess flower

Question: I have a few princess flowers plants, however two have lost a lot of leaves from the middle down, top foliage is ok. What is the problem? and what should I do? Help

Answer: Tibouchina, the Princess Flower, can sometimes be slow to establish, but once the roots are well established, the plant will grow vigorously. It sounds as though the new growth is healthy; all you need to do to keep the entire plant thriving is to prune it back to encourage healthy new growth. Prune your Princess Flower back to encourage new growth at the bottom of the plant. Cut some of the stems down to ground level and reduce the length of some of the stems by one third. This will stimulate new growth throughout the plant and result in a full and happy plant. Enjoy!