The Q&A Archives: re Michelia

Question: I saw the Michelia foggii Allspice on your web site and really fell in love with it, but I cannot find or order it anywhere. I did find a Michelia champaca alba that looks very pretty; Are the M. foggii almost impossible to find and do you think they are a superior small tree to the Michelia champaca? In other words, is there any chance I can find it, and if not, what would you suggest substituting for a 15 foot tree, long flowering, and fragrant?

Answer: Don't give up hope yet! I found Michelia foggii Allspice at the following nurseries: SummerWinds Garden Center, Inc. Cupertino, CA 95014-5321; SummerWinds Garden Centers, Inc. Palo Alto, CA 94303-4801; and SummerWinds Garden Centers, Inc. Sunnyvale, CA 94087-2937
Here's their website address: