The Q&A Archives: evergreen/douglas fir/alberta spruce

Question: my evergreen trees are turning brown as well as my neighbors. what can i do to save them as well as the others that arent infected?

Answer: Unfortunately, based on your description I am not able to diagnose the problem for you, and you will need a specific diagnosis in order to determine how to proceed. Browning can be caused by over or underwatering, pests, diseases, and even by winter wind or sun exposure. I would strongly suggest you consult with your local county extension to obtain a more definite diagnosis of the problem and then based on that decide what to do to save them. If a chemical control is needed, they will have the most up to date recommendations on what to use and how/when is best toapply it for best results. I hope it is not something too serious, but browning is not a good sign so please do not delay.