The Q&A Archives: Who introduced the Kerria japonica to the United States? What year was it brougth to the United Stat

Question: I need to know who brought the Kerria japonica to the United States and the year. I am horticulural student doing a report and presentation on the Kerrria japonica. Does it have any medicine or any other benefits beside the use in the landscape.
Any information or source with this information would be very helpful.
Thank you,
Diane Meyer

Answer: This service is intended to help homeowners with their home gardening questions rather than serve as an academic reference so I am not going to do the research for you. Michael Dirr's "Manual of Woody Landscape Plants" usually includes an indication of when plants were introduced here and occasionally also includes notes about other uses. Beyond that, your reference librarian should be able to help you with your research. Or, you could try an internet search using the botanical name. Good luck with your report!