Question: Greetings:

I have this plant Daphne odora 'Aureo-marginata'in my garden and I noticed that the new leaves curl to the center and all the leaves are yellowish except the new ones which are green.

It has some flowers. What should I do?

thanks for your help

Answer: New growth and flowers are both good signs. It means your Daphne is for the most part healthy. Curling leaves could indicate the leaves haven't quite grown out yet and matured, or it could indicate some root stress - too much winter rain, perhaps. It's natural for the oldest leaves, those on the lower part of the stem, to yellow and die. These will be replaced with healthy new leaves later in the season. You can feed your daphne (general purpose fertilizer in amounts as suggested on the package) and that should help. Best wishes with your garden!