The Q&A Archives: Pink Knock Out Rose

Question: I have just purchased the pink variety of the Knock Out Rose. Is it the same as the orginal red in terms of disease resistance and good bloom performance? Also, any special I need to do when planting?

Answer: Yes, all the Knock Out roses are similar in performance to the original, they had to be to warrant the Knock Out name! As with any rose, it will do best in full sun all day long and soil that is evenly moist yet well drained meaning not sopping wet; maintain a layer of organic mulch about three inches deep year round over the root zone. An annual top dressing with a good quality compost is also a good idea. Other than that, fertilize based on the results of soil tests and check your soil's pH, roses do best with a pH in the range of 5.5 to 7.0. When you dig the planting hole, be sure to loosen the soil over a wide area to encourage easier rooting. Enjoy your rose!