The Q&A Archives: problem with bauhinia

Question: I have 3 bauhinias, (all white variety) & this year one of them will not open its' leaves. The entire tree is that way. It never lost any leaves this past winter, & quiet a few leave have brown spots throuhout the leaf.Please help...Thanks

Answer: Carol,

I noticed the same thing on one major branch of my bauhinia this year. I haven't seen this before and now see the buds are swelling as if it is going to slowly releaf along that branch. A close examination has not revealed any injury to the branch that is responding so slowly nor do I see any evidence of insect or disease problems. Thus I think we just wait and see. It may be that the weird winter we had is part of the cause but I honestly have never seen such a response and doubt it is a sign of a major problem.