The Q&A Archives: Fertilizing Pandora Vine

Question: I've had a Pink Bower (Pandora) vine about 4 years, in a pot in my pool enclosure, West side of house. It gets @ 10-12 hours of filtered sun each day, very hot location, but has not bloomed in over 2 years! I would like to know what type of fertilizer to use for blooms, or should it be outside in the ground?

Thanks for any information you can provide!

Linda Vosbury

Answer: Linda,

That should be enough sun to make it bloom. I have not seen problems with that plant blooming in the past except if it was cold injured (unlikely in your area) or pruned during the winter season which removes bloom buds set the previous summer/fall. Try using a soluble plant food like Miracle Gro following the label instructions. This should improve the vigor and thus increase its ability to bloom. If you planted it outside that would be fine but it shouldn't be necessary for it to bloom.