The Q&A Archives: Garden Seeds

Question: I am looking for some heirloom seeds. One is a butterbean seed that is white with a pink eye. Next is a crowder pea seed called World Wonder. The last seed is a butterbean seed called Willow Leaf. Maybe there is a new variety of these seeds?

Answer: Willow Leaf is available from Vermont Bean Seed Company at (803) 663-0217, or write them at Vermont Bean Seed Co., Garden Lane, Fair Haven, VT 05743-0250. <br><br>Crowder peas are also known as Flesh Peas, Stock Peas, Texas Cream Peas, Southern Peas, orCow Peas. I found several varieties of crowder peas at Shumway's Seeds, (803) 663-9771, P.O. Box 1, Graniteville, SC 29829-0001 but could not locate 'World Wonder'. Perhaps the it goes by another name? <br><br>I looked through several catalogs and references, and couldn't find 'World Wonder', or the butterbean you describe. Vermont Bean Seed Co. has a large selection of heirloom beans, so they might be able to help you locate them. Another great source for heirloom beans is Southern Exposure Seed Exchange, ph# 804-973-4703, web site: