The Q&A Archives: OPEN OPEN lawn has dead spots bad

Question: In front of the yard we have a tree, that all around is turning yellow and dieing. We do have a lawn service for all the fertilizing and they told me to put seed down I have done that. I have noticed alot of ants could this be causing this problem? if so what should i do? Also the old neighbors had a dog that used to pee on this tree. I just want my yard back. The ground is hard very hard and bumpy this has only happened in the last year. Please if you have any sugestions please let me know. Thank you

Answer: Unfortunately, based on your description I am not able to diagnose the problem(s) with your lawn. It is very difficult to make this type of diagnosis long distance. I would strongly suggest you work with your local county extension to determine what is happening to it, and then based on knowing that, decide how to proceed. I am sorry I can't be more specific for you.