The Q&A Archives: deer resistent

Question: would you send me a list of your deer resistent stock for my zone in Sparta, nj...thanks

Answer: Thank you for asking. The Monrovia on line catalog is searchable and will give you such a list: In the keyword search/search for box, enter deer resistant and then scroll down and in the area for "focus your search" look for and select your cold zone in the zone field. Based on your zip code, your winter hardiness or cold hardiness zone would be 6A or the colder part of zone 6. Depending on your microclimate, it may actually be as cold as zone 5. Your local professional nursery staff and/or county extension should be able to help you determine which of the plants on the list would grow best for you in your yard or garden. I hope this helps.