The Q&A Archives: weed & Feed

Question: This was my first time, I think i used too much weed & seed on Sunday in my front yard and now places in my yard is dying turning brown, how can I repair this?

Answer: If the lawn is truly dead, you will have to reseed it. If you overapplied badly, you will have to wait for the fertilizer and herbicide to leach down through the soil below the level where the grass roots grow. Otherwise, your new grass will be damaged as well. I would strongly suggest you work with your local county extension to develop a lawn repair and maintenance program. Then, be sure to read the label on any product you use and also calibrate your spreader accurately. If you are not sure how to set your spreader, contact the manufactuer for instructions. I'm sorry this happened.