The Q&A Archives: greenery plants and tropicals

Question: I was wondering what kind of tropical and greenery plants can I plant in an area that has sun for most part of the day. I have had asters, zinnias and sweet williams and they had all died so I thought maybe tropical or greenery would work better. The area I am looking to fill in had big bushes that I pulled out and it is an area of approximately 7' long by 2 1/2' wide.
Thank you

Answer: Heidi,

There are many plants to choose from including shrubs, perennials, annuals, and tropicals. I suggest a mix of things including tropicals and tropical looking plants. Some ideas to consider include: New Zealand Flax (Phormium), Cannas such as Tropicanna and Bengal Tiger, Purslane, Ice Plant, and . For more idea check out the following web sites: