The Q&A Archives: Compact Bronze Hinoki Cypress

Question: I purchased 5 of your Compact Bronze Hinoki Cypress at a local garden center (Guentner's). One of them died right after I planted it. I went back to the garden center for a replacement, but they did not have anymore (instead they gave me a refund). I have checked with other local dealers in the area but I am not having any luck. I really need five to fill in my landscaping. Are you still growing the Compact Bronze Hinoki Cypress? If so, I would sure appreciate if you could let me know how or where I can find one.

Deron Neukomm

Answer: Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Pygmaea Aurescens', or Compact Bronze Hinoki Cypress, should be available from the following nurseries:
Al's Garden Center on Pacific Hwy. in Woodburn (503-981-1245); Loen Nursery in sherwood (503-625-2222); or Bloom river Gardens in Springfield (541-726-8997) Wish I could find something closer to Salem!