The Q&A Archives: Leaf curl on climbing rose

Question: What can I treat my climbing rose with. The leaves are curling and calling off?

Answer: Curling leaves can be the result of insufficient water, disease, or insect feeding. Without knowing which might be causing the problem, I can't really recommend a solution. Inspect the leaves for signs of insects (especially on the undersides). Sucking insects such as aphids can cause the leaves to curl. If you find aphids, hose them off with a strong stream of water or use Insecticidal Soap to control them; there are many disease that can attack roses so the treatment would depend upon the problem; roses need ample water so be sure to water deeply once or twice each week (depending upon weather). Best wishes with your roses!