The Q&A Archives: Allegheny Viburnum

Question: I am looking for a border shrub that is Zone 5, fast growing, at least 8' high, full sun, and possibly deer resistant. I found the Allegheny Viburnum on your web site which seems perfect. The problem is that I cannot locate any. My local garden centers say they can put me on a wish list in case some may come in, or say they are not placing any more orders for the season. Can you help me find a nursery in Michigan (preferred) or Ohio or Indiana where I can go to pick up 10-20 of these plants? If not, is it possible to order directly from Monrovia at retail rates?

Thank you,
Chris Nader

Answer: Monrovia is a wholesale nursery and cannot sell directly to the public. Most nurseries have already received most of their stock by now, which can make it difficult to find specific plants that may already be sold out. To compound the problem, retailers order independently and I have no way of tracking their inventory so I'm afraid I can't help you locate the plants. Wish I could be more helpful!