The Q&A Archives: Clivia Source

Question: I have been looking all over for a mail-order source of normal/orange Clivia plants--not seedlings. Logee's carries these--do you have any leads on sources for decent size clivia plants?

Answer: You can try Louisiana Nurseries, Rt 7, Box 43, Opelousas, LA 70570, ph# 318-948-3696 or White Flower Farm, 800-503-9624. I don't know how large the plants they sell are, so you'll have to ask.<br><br>My local retail garden center is loaded with clivia as are quite a few large grocery store chains. I have seen them in the houseplant section of stores such as Lowe's, Kroger's, and Big Bear. Generally when ordering mail order, you are going to receive seedlings, not a mature plant. This is more cost effective for the grower and you.