The Q&A Archives: Care of patio tropical plant

Question: How do I take care of a Mand10

Answer: Unfortunately, based on the information in your question I am not certain what plant you have. It might be a mandevilla, a tropical with pink trumpet shaped blooms often sold as a patio plant.

If so, you will not be able to save seeds from it but you can try to save it from year to year by bringing it inside for the winter.

During the summer, most of the tropicals do best in a warm and sunny location and should be kept above 50 degrees. (This means you may have to bring them inside on cool nights.) Keep the soil evenly moist like a wrung out sponge, not sopping wet or saturated. Fertilize regularly with a water soluble fertilizer with an analysis of 10-10-10 (or similar proportion) plus minors. Read and carefully follow the label directions.

Enjoy your plant!