The Q&A Archives: rodent in my garden

Question: i just planted a suchini @ greenbean bush in my garden bed.this morning i noticed that something is eating the leaves of my vegetables.i suspect it is a squarrel.what can i get to stop it from eating my vegetable garden.thanks for your attention.

Answer: There are several possible culprits ranging from woodchuck, rabbit or deer to squirrel. It is best if you can figure out specifically which animal it is, so you can use the appropriate repellent or type of fencing. You can try repelling them with a hot pepper wax spray applied to the plants, or with one of the many other repellents sold at the garden center for just this problem. Or, you can try to fence them out. Woodchucks and rabbits can also be trapped. Good luck with your garden!